Purchase Official Gazette through Irembo platform
Kigali, 04 April 2017
In its efforts to improve service delivery and digitalisation, the Office of the Prime Minister through its Official Gazette department has availed, Since April 2017, the Official Gazette to the public.
From now on, Rwandans and foreigners will be able to purchase and receive a copy of the Gazette through Irembo e-government platform.
The public was used to buying the Gazette through bank payments before picking up copies at the Official Gazette offices. Today, this has changed and copies will be delivered on clients’ addresses.
An Official Gazette is a government periodical publication that records the businesses and other proceedings of the Government of Rwanda as well as other legal notices.
Published on a weekly basis, Government of Rwanda’s Official Gazette was launched in 1962. The publication usually comes out on Monday, but special publications may appear in the middle of the week depending on their urgency.
Those who want to purchase or subscribe to the Gazette will be able to do so through Irembo, select the edition they need and precede with the payment. The Gazette will be delivered on clients’ addresses.
Purchasing involves buying a copy or several copies of a Gazette every time it comes out. Annual subscription is when you pay at once the price for the whole year.
A. Retail price (Purchasing) per copy:
The Delivery fee within Kigali City is 500 Frw. The price equals 700 Frw outside Kigali.
- 2,000 Frw for a copy of one hundred and fifty (150) pages or less
- 3,000 Frw for a copy of 151 – 300 pages
- 6,000 Frw for a copy of over 300 pages
B. Annual subscription:
The rates for the annual subscription are as follows:
- In Rwanda: 120,000 Frw (100,000 Frw for the Gazette plus 20,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
- Neighbouring countries: 150,000 Frw (100,000 for the Gazette plus 50,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
- Other countries in Africa: 180,000 Frw (100,000 Frw for the Gazette plus 80,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
- European countries: 200,000 Frw (100,000 Frw for the Gazette plus 100,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
- American and Asian countries: 230,000 (100,000 Frw for the Gazette plus 130,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
- Oceania: 250,000 Frw (100,000 Frw for the Gazette plus 150,000 Frw for delivery via post office)
C. Who can purchase the Official Gazette?
- Public Institutions, Private Sector, Civil Society Organizations, Institutions of Learning, Citizen.
D. How to access Irembo and purchase the Official Gazette
1. Go to irembo.rw and click on Purchase/Subscribe for the Official Gazette
2. Select ‘Purchase’ if you are purchasing or ‘Subscribe’ if you want to subscribe
3. Search for the edition of the Official Gazette you want using its number or key word. You can even select per year or month.
4. After selection, you will receive information on the number of copies – for the specific edition select – in stock. If it is out of stock, you won’t be able to purchase. In such case, please contact the department in charge of the Official Gazette in the Prime Minister’s Office.
5. Fill in the number of copies you want to purchase
6. Insert your Post Office Box address. If you don’t have a postal address, insert the one of where you want it delivered.
7. Proceed with the payment
o For online payment: Use Visa or Master Card
o For offline payments, once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation SMS directing you on how to make the payment
o For Mobile Money payment: Use *182# for MTN, *182# for Airtel and *310# for Tigo. You can also visit the nearest BK branch or agent. Upon payment, you will receive a confirmation SMS or email.
8. After successful payment, your application will be submitted to the Official Gazette Department in the Prime Minister’s Office.
9. After the process is completed, you shall receive a confirmation SMS/email informing you of when your copy of the Gazette will be delivered.